WhatsApp Twitter Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHL Advertisement Previous articleVisitor numbers soar at eagles’ viewing pointNext articleNew support group for Limerick women experiencing separation Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April NewsBreaking newsExhumation begins at Rathkeale as gardai investigate murder probeBy Staff Reporter – September 16, 2014 542 Linkedin Facebook Shannondoc operating but only by appointment Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Email Print No vaccines in Limerick yet TAGSfeatured Andrew Carey in [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up THE exhumation of a woman found dead in her home over 20 years ago has begun at St Mary’s Burial ground in Rathkeale this Tuesday morning. Limerick woman Margot Seery was found dead in her apartment following a night out and at her inquest, it was found that she died of asphyxiation after choking. However, in a new development to the case, gardai and detectives attached to the cold case unit in Terenure were given new information into the possible circumstances surrounding the woman’s death. Following the granting of an application to the Minister for Justice earlier this summer seeking permission to exhume the body, more than a dozen gardai from the technical crime scene investigation unit and the cold case unit arrived shortly after 7am this Tuesday to begin the work of exhuming the remains of Ms Seery. A garda cordon was put in place at what has been deemed a crime scene as gravediggers started their work. The family plot at St Mary’s Burial ground also has the remains of Ms Seery’s parents as well as her late aunt. A second post mortem is expected to be carried out later at University Hospital Limerick as gardai further investigate this murder probe which is being led by Det Insp George McGeary West Limerick coroner Brendan Nix arrived on scene and said that he had “nothing but the height of praise for what is being done in these difficult circumstances”. More to follow. First Irish death from Coronavirus
1SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr NCUA Board Member J. Mark McWatters called for a rule that would address exam appeals.In his column in the December issue of The NCUA Report, McWatters noted that an NCUA Inspector General report said the agency received an average of six exam complaints to regional offices each year from 2007 through 2011, and during that four-year period, only two appeals were elevated to NCUA headquarters. continue reading »
Arandez wasrushed to the Roxas Memorial Provincial Hospital where the attending physiciandeclared him “dead on arrival.” “Gin hambalan ako nga indi ako mag-halinsa gina tindugan kag gin tupadan ako sang isa, kag nagpalupok saya sa atubangsang akon gina tindugan,” Tan told Panay News. Onel Arandez, councilman of Barangay Punta Tabuc, lies lifeless on the ground after two of the three unidentified suspects peppered him with bullets at a repair shop in Barangay Cagay, Roxas City, Capiz yesterday. GLENN BEUP/PN One of thewitnesses, repair shop technician Kelvin Tan said the assailants went insidehis shop and told him to stand still. ROXAS City – Avillage councilman was shot to death in Barangay Cagay. Arandez, a formerdrug surrenderer, was inside a repair shop when two of the three unidentifiedsuspects wearing bonnets shot him around 8 a.m. on Jan. 7, said Master SergeantRamil Arcangeles, spokesperson of the Roxas City police station. “Malapit lang si Arandez sa akon gina-tindugan,” he added. Armed with a.9mm-caliber pistol and a .45-caliber pistol, two suspects peppered Arandezwith bullets, Tan said. Crowds flock the area where Barangay Punta Tabuc councilman Onel Arandez was shot to death. GLENN BEUP/PN Onel Arandez ofBarangay Punta Tabuc in this city died of gunshot wounds on the head and body,police said. Arcangeles addedthree armed men alighted from a car while another suspect served as theirdriver. Arcangeles saidthey have yet to identify the suspects and the motive in the incident. Arandez was included in the drug watch-list,Arcangeles added. Drug charges were filed against Arandez a few years ago, butthe case was dismissed by the City Prosecutor’s Office due to technicality./PN
April 4, 2020 Associated Press “The Football Association of Ireland announces that Mick McCarthy is to be succeeded as national team manager by Stephen Kenny with immediate effect,” the FAI said in a statement. “The handover has been agreed with both men in light of the delay to the European Championship playoffs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.”McCarthy had originally been due to stay in charge until July 31, after the Euro 2020 finals — now put back a year — were originally due to finish. Kenny had been set to take over on Aug. 1 after being in charge of the under-21 national side.Ireland faces Slovakia away in the Euro 2020 qualifying playoffs, with the winner to face either Northern Ireland or Bosnia and Herzegovina. However, the fixture has been postponed for a second time due to the pandemic.___Tajikistan has started a new soccer season, joining a small group of countries around the world where play has continued despite the coronavirus pandemic. ___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 The Latest: Trump speaks to sports commissioners The NCAA basketball tournament was also canceled, as were college spring sports such as baseball and softball, lacrosse and track and field.The White House says the commissioners thanked Trump for his “national leadership and for his interest in the sports industry.” He called on them to continue efforts to support their fellow Americans during the current challenge.A wide range of sports league officials participated in the call, including NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and NBA commissioner Adam Silver.___Stephen Kenny is the new Ireland soccer manager after replacing Mick McCarthy in a planned move brought forward by the coronavirus pandemic. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:The White House says President Donald Trump spoke with commissioners of the country’s sports leagues on Saturday and told them he recognizes “the good work being done by many teams and players” to care for their communities and fans dealing with the new coronavirus.The virus has decimated the sports world with the NBA and NHL suspending their seasons indefinitely and Major League Baseball postponing the start of its season. Istiklol Dushanbe retained the Central Asian nation’s season-opening Super Cup on Saturday with a come-from-behind 2-1 win over Khujand.The game was played without fans and a large banner reading “stop coronavirus” in Tajik and Russian covered part of the stands.Players and staff from both teams mingled freely after the final whistle before officials hung medals around their necks and shook their hands.Professional soccer is only continuing in a few countries around the world, with Belarus, Nicaragua and Burundi among the holdouts, attracting interest from foreign fans and international gambling markets.Tajikistan has not reported any cases of the new coronavirus, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University.