Exhumation begins at Rathkeale as gardai investigate murder probe

first_imgWhatsApp Twitter Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHL Advertisement Previous articleVisitor numbers soar at eagles’ viewing pointNext articleNew support group for Limerick women experiencing separation Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April NewsBreaking newsExhumation begins at Rathkeale as gardai investigate murder probeBy Staff Reporter – September 16, 2014 542 Linkedin Facebook Shannondoc operating but only by appointment center_img Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Email Print No vaccines in Limerick yet TAGSfeatured Andrew Carey in [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up THE exhumation of a woman found dead in her home over 20 years ago has begun at St Mary’s Burial ground in Rathkeale this Tuesday morning. Limerick woman Margot Seery was found dead in her apartment following a night out and at her inquest, it was found that she died of asphyxiation after choking. However, in a new development to the case, gardai and detectives attached to the cold case unit in Terenure were given new information into the possible circumstances surrounding the woman’s death. Following the granting of an application to the Minister for Justice earlier this summer seeking permission to exhume the body, more than a dozen gardai from the technical crime scene investigation unit and the cold case unit arrived shortly after 7am this Tuesday to begin the work of exhuming the remains of Ms Seery. A garda cordon was put in place at what has been deemed a crime scene as gravediggers started their work. The family plot at St Mary’s Burial ground also has the remains of Ms Seery’s parents as well as her late aunt. A second post mortem is expected to be carried out later at University Hospital Limerick as gardai further investigate this murder probe which is being led by Det Insp George McGeary West Limerick coroner Brendan Nix arrived on scene and said that he had “nothing but the height of praise for what is being done in these difficult circumstances”. More to follow. First Irish death from Coronavirus last_img read more

Minister Reiterates Commitment to Take Schools off Shift System

first_img “This will help to prepare in the transition process to a single-shift system. It is important that we do so, because we are not doing so for ourselves, we are doing it for the future and for the transformation of St. James,” the Minister said. Minister of Education, Youth and Information, Senator the Hon. Ruel Reid, has reiterated that urgent steps are being taken by the Government to get schools across Jamaica, such as the St. James High School in Montego Bay, off the two-shift system.Speaking at a ceremony to mark the official opening of a new three-storey block of classrooms at the St. James High School on January 30, Mr. Reid said he is proud that despite the double-shift system, the institution has been performing extremely well.“I am in a hurry under my shift, to fix all of these problems. Yes, I have 42 schools still on shift and, systematically, we are going to take them off one by one,” the Minister said.Senator Reid noted that the Ministry responded quickly when St. James High requested financial support for additional classroom spaces and for the construction of a perimeter wall.“This will help to prepare in the transition process to a single-shift system. It is important that we do so, because we are not doing so for ourselves, we are doing it for the future and for the transformation of St. James,” the Minister said.Meanwhile, Senator Reid said the Ministry will be constructing five new high schools across the island, one of which will be in St. James, which will add significantly to the number of classroom spaces available in western Jamaica.“We have a lot of work to do, but, under God, we are going to get it done. I am getting full support, and I have the fiscal space to get it done,” he said.The Minister also visited Anchovy High School in St. James, and the Knockalva Agricultural School and the Knockalva Technical High School in neighbouring Hanover.Mr. Reid told JIS News that he was happy to have visited the institutions to get a first-hand look at their operations and make assessments and recommendations.“My tour has been extremely successful, and I am very happy to be able to get out of the office to see exactly what is happening in these institutions and to give some policy direction,” he added. Speaking at a ceremony to mark the official opening of a new three-storey block of classrooms at the St. James High School on January 30, Mr. Reid said he is proud that despite the double-shift system, the institution has been performing extremely well. Minister of Education, Youth and Information, Senator the Hon. Ruel Reid, has reiterated that urgent steps are being taken by the Government to get schools across Jamaica, such as the St. James High School in Montego Bay, off the two-shift system. Story Highlightslast_img read more

PARTNER CLAIMS 10000 SOCAN SONGWRITING PRIZE

center_img LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Facebook Advertisement Variety and balance were evident in the 2018 competition in which women dominated, several genres were represented and, for the first time, a country song landed in the top 10. Music fans made their voices heard as they voted for their favourite songs among the finalists, and in the end, Partner would prevail receiving the $10,000 cash prize, a  Yamaha PSR-S970 Keyboard, and a  $500 gift card from Long & McQuade.“We are so thrilled and honoured to be the recipients of the SOCAN Songwriting Prize,” said Caron and Niles. “Songwriting is one of our all-time greatest joys, and to be recognized by fellow music lovers in this capacity is a dream come true.”last_img read more