LYS to hold 40th anniversary celebration

first_imgLinkedin Limerick Youth Service have launched a new online live information chat service Print Keith Allen, Dylan Graham and Ryan O’Donoghue, who were part ofLimerick Youth Service’s 40th birthday celebrations.Keith Allen, Dylan Graham and Ryan O’Donoghue, who were part ofLimerick Youth Service’s 40th birthday celebrations.LIMERICK Youth Service is inviting past and present volunteers, participants and staff to a celebration evening at the Strand Hotel on Friday, September 26 at 7.30pm.The event marks the formal end to the popular youth organisation’s 40th anniversary celebrations. “Having supported Limerick’s youth for over four decades, we are sure there are some out there with amazing stories that we would like to hear,” said Catherine Kelly, CEO, Limerick Youth Service.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “We would like to gather as much information as possible about people’s time with Limerick Youth Service and share it with the wider public. The evening is also our way of saying thank you for the support Limerick Youth Service has and continues to receive from the people of Limerick and beyond,’ added Ms Kelly.The evening will also feature the regional leg of Youth Work Ireland’s Volunteer Achievement Awards with local volunteers nominated in a number of categories.“The categories reflect the diversity of volunteering opportunities at Limerick Youth Service. From a Friday night youth club, to various committees or leading a band of merry men up Croagh Patrick, volunteers contribute their time and experience to our young people,” said Dermot Troy, Limerick Youth Service.Volunteers from this year’s local awards will be put forward for selection for Youth Work Ireland’s National Volunteer Achievement Awards to be held in Dublin in October.Anyone interested in attending the event can contact Dermot Troy at [email protected] Limerick Youth Service bakers create a special ‘Soviet Loaf’ Twitter Facebook TAGSLimerick Youth Service Limerick Youth Service Calling for Additional Investment in Youth Work Sector Advertisementcenter_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR NewsCommunityLYS to hold 40th anniversary celebrationBy John Keogh – September 12, 2014 848 Previous articleAutistic students put at riskNext articleMid West needs more start-ups John Keoghhttp://www.limerickpost.ie WhatsApp Young people graduate from Youth Employability Programme with Limerick Youth Service Email Nordic adventure for Northside teens Teenagers get on their bikes in search of new opportunitieslast_img read more

How to … Keep up with the government’s planning reforms

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Jamaican official: Usain Bolt tests positive for virus

first_imgLast Updated: 25th August, 2020 22:22 IST Jamaican Official: Usain Bolt Tests Positive For Virus Jamaica’s Minister of Health says legendary sprinter Usain Bolt has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. LIVE TV Jamaica’s Minister of Health says legendary sprinter Usain Bolt has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.Christopher Tufton said Bolt was aware of the results and his recent contacts were being traced.”It is now public knowledge that Mr. Bolt has tested positive. He has been formally notified; I’m told by the authorities,” Tufton told reporters Monday evening. “It triggers an approach to questioning, interrogation if you will, which we follow through with contact tracing.”Bolt said on social media earlier on Monday he was awaiting the result of a coronavirus test and was quarantining himself as a precaution.The 34-year-old retired sprinter who won gold in the 100 and 200 meters at the last three Olympics posted a video on social media to explain the situation.”Good morning everybody. Just waking up. Like everybody, checked social media and saw that social media says I’m confirmed of COVID-19,” he said. “I did a test Saturday, because I work. I’m trying to be responsible, so I’m going to stay in and stay here for my friends.”Bolt, who appeared to be laying in bed in the video, said he has no symptoms.”Just to be safe, I’ll quarantine myself and just take it easy,” he said.Jamaica has had fewer than 1,700 cases, a relatively low number in a country of nearly 3 million.On the track, Bolt was known for his poses — his “Lighting Bolt” became iconic — and of course his post-race celebrations. His speed and charisma made his sport can’t-miss viewing whenever he lined up in the blocks.Bolt set the world records in the 100 and 200 meters at the 2009 world championships in Berlin. He retired after worlds in 2017. SUBSCRIBE TO US First Published: 25th August, 2020 22:21 IST FOLLOW UScenter_img Written By COMMENT Associated Press Television News WATCH US LIVElast_img read more