Brilliant life at bayside

first_imgBayside at Bushland Beach NEW  land has been released at residential development Bayside at Bushland Beach as Townsville’s northern suburbs continue to flourish.More land was released last year due to an increase in buyer demand from downsizers and first homebuyers.More than 1300 families live in the estate following a wave of new infrastructure including a Coles shopping centre, community parklands, and the $200 million Townsville Ring Road extension.The masterplanned community provides a relaxed, seaside lifestyle and is on the doorstep of Halifax Bay and its stunning views of Magnetic Island.The new land release consists of 19 premium lots, ranging in size from 480sq m to 709sq m with land prices starting at $148,000. More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020It’s also in walking distance to the Bushland Plaza shops and the children’s playground at Peggy Banfield Park.Sunland Group managing director Sahba Abedian said Bayside was a vibrant, family-friendly community with parkfront and beachfront amenity, at a price point that makes home ownership possible to a broader spectrum of the market.“Bayside is unique because it is the only masterplanned community on Townsville’s Northern Beaches which adjoins the beachfront, giving residents an unparalleled lifestyle,” he said.“From their vantage point, residents can access the shores of Halifax Bay within minutes, with its walking trails and stunning views of Magnetic Island.“On the weekends, local beachfront markets offer a mix of local produce and crafts. “Local dining options include the Bushland Beach Tavern, just metres from the waterfront.” For more information visit www.bushlandbeach.com.aulast_img read more

Brilliant performance by Dudamel and the Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra

first_img Sharing is caring! Share Tweet 21 Views   no discussions Sharecenter_img Share EntertainmentNewsRegional Brilliant performance by Dudamel and the Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra by: – August 11, 2011 In photo: Gustavo Dumel. Photo credit: Venezuelanrepoprt.comThe concerts by the young Venezuelan conductor Gustavo Dudamel are always full of surprises. This is a reason why his London fan base, as well as the Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra’s (SBYO), is always increasing.This time around, at the BBC Proms 2011, the musicians didn’t turn into their Venezuelan flag jumpers, but instead they thrilled the public with the superb coordination between the orchestra and the National Youth Choir of Great Britain, as well as the impeccable conduction of metals and other instruments by Dudamel, giving the impression at times that the sounds would come from various spots of the theatre, away from the stage of the Royal Albert Hall.In a sell-out concert, over 5,000 people rejoiced from the excellent musical performance given by more than 350 people among musicians from the orchestra, members of the choir, Dudamel and the leading soprano and mezzo-soprano Miah Persson and Anna Larsson. All of them combined to produce a brilliant execution of Mahler’s Symphony No. 2 in C minor, ‘Resurrection’.At the end of the concert, the public gave the musicians a standing ovation. They even went further and stomped their feet on the ground as a way to complement the performers. In fact, even Mr. Mike Brewer, chorus-master of the National Youth Choir Orchestra of Great Britain, went to the stage to receive, along with Dudamel and the rest of the group, a very long lasting round of applause.From here, Dudamel and the SBYO will go to Turkey to conclude their European tour, which began last week in Austria.Press ReleseEmbassy of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in the Commonwealth of Dominicalast_img read more

Galatasaray Signs Nigeria midfielder on Four-and-half-year deal

first_img Galatasaray confirmed his capture via their official website on Thursday afternoon. The versatile forward previously had trials with Stoke City and Manchester City before moving to Serbia in 2016, and helping FK Napredak Krusevac gain promotion to the Serbian top-flight. Sekidika left the Serbian side last year and joined Turkish TFF First League side Eskisehirspor. He netted eight goals in 16 appearances for Mustafa Özer’s team this season, before he was snapped up by Gala.Advertisement Galatasaray president Mustafa Cengiz revealed his satisfaction with the acquisition of Sekidika. “Jesse, is a footballer who is in line with our strategic and rejuvenated policy,” Cengiz told the club website. “We believe that he will always take part in the struggle to carry the flag of Galatasaray to the top as a team player.” Reacting to his signing, the Nigerian said: “I came to a very large club. I am very happy. I will use this great opportunity. Galatasaray was a place I always wanted.” Read Also:Kylian Mbappe, Neymar dazzle as PSG thrash Galatasaray He joins Super Eagles winger Henry Onyekuru, who completed a loan move from AS Monaco this week. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body10 Phones That Can Easily Fit In The Smallest Pocket7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black HolesTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeBest Car Manufacturers In The World8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthGeeky And Hilarious Shower Curtains For AdultsWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More Galatasaray have completed the signing of Nigerian winger, Jesse Sekidika, from Eskisehirspor on a four-and-half-year deal.last_img read more

Trojan Wrestling Results

first_imgEast Central defeated Franklin County 59-14 on Thursday, November 29th.Trojan Grappler winners were Tyler Schneider-113#, Dylan Heinrich-126#, Sam Ringer-132#, Hunter Mobley-138#, Ben Wolf-145#, Kasey Carr-152#, Brady Rullman-170#, Kole Viel-182#, Austin Cox-195#, Andrew Carr-220#, and Phil Sims-285#.EC participated at The Harrison Invite going up against some of top Wrestling teams in Cincinnati.#3 Fairfield  51,  EC  22#1 Mason  56, EC  18#8 Lebanon  45, EC  30Centerville  56,  EC  21#5 Harrison  55,  EC  24Trojan individual results. Tanner Bush-106#, 4-1 with 4 pins; Tyler Schneider-113#, 3-2 with 3 pins; Charlie Euson-120#, 2-3 with 1 pin; Dylan Heinrich-126#, Sam Ringer-132#, 0-5; Hunter Mobley-138#, 1-4 with 1 pin; Ben Wolf-145#, 4-1 with 2 pins; Kasey Carr-152#, 1-4 with 1 pin; David Nash-160# 0-1; Brady Rullman-160#, 0-3; Bennett Noble-170#, 2-3 with 2 pins; Kole Viel-182#, 1-4; Austin Cox-195#, 0-5; Andrew Carr-220#, 1-4; and Phil Sims-285#, 1-4.The Trojans will return to action Thursday, December 6th in a dual meet hosting Union County starting at 6:30 PM; travel to Pendleton Heights for a meet on Saturday, December 8th, starting at 8:30 AM; hosting Greensburg in a dual meet on Tuesday, December 11th starting at 6:30 PM; and hosting a meet on Saturday, December 15th, starting at 9 AM.Courtesy of Trojans Coach Scott Schwartz.last_img read more

Jennifer Michelle Butler

first_imgJennifer Michelle Butler, 45, of Hooven, Ohio, passed away Sunday June 16, 2019 in Madison, Indiana.She was born October 31, 1973 in Bellville, IL, daughter of Harvey Butler and the late Jane (Nethercott) Butler.Jennifer enjoyed sports, she was a St. Louis Cardinals fan.Jennifer is survived by her fiance, David R. Iles; sons, Tristan Thornon & Andrew Manetzke; sister, Rhonda Butler.She was preceded in death by mother, Jane Butler, daughter, Tatiana Snow.Friends will be received Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm at the Rullman Hunger Funeral Home, 219 Mechanic Street, Aurora, Indiana.Services will be held at 2:00 pm immediately following visitation.Interment will follow in the Greendale Cemetery, Greendale, Indiana.Contributions may be made to defray Funeral Expenses. If unable to attend services, please call the funeral home office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.Visit: www.rullmans.comlast_img read more

Cricket News CAB Invites Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina And Narendra Modi For India Vs Bangladesh Test

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Bangladesh are embarking on their second tour of India in the last three years. In 2017, the team had broken new ground as they played their first-ever Test in India during the match in Hyderabad. In 2019, Bangladesh will embark on their first full tour of India by playing three Twenty20 Internationals and two Tests which will be part of the ICC World Test Championships. The first Test will be played in Indore while the second match will be played at the historic Eden Gardens from November 22 to 26. However, according to sources, the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) has sent an invitation to Bangladesh Prime Minister Shiekh Hasina to watch the game. The sources revealed that CAB has also sent invitation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi but it couldn’t be confirmed. An unnamed senior CAB official said, “I can confirm that an invitation has been sent to Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina’s office some time back. However in case of our Honourable PM, BCCI president-elect Sourav Ganguly is looking into it. I cannot confirm or deny the development,” the official added. The potential cricket diplomacy could be part of a larger diplomatic relations between India and Bangladesh, which have ebbed and flowed in the past couple of months. Recently, a Border Security Force (BSF) jawan was killed, while another injured on Thursday in firing “apparently” by the Border Guards Bangladesh (BJP) troops of Bangladesh along the international border of the two countries in West Bengal. Prior to that, three Indian fishermen went for fishing in River Padma in the border area and one of them was apprehended by a BGB patrol party.Also Read | Tamim Iqbal Back In Bangladesh Squad For Twenty20 Internationals Against IndiaBangladesh and India’s Prime Ministers met recently during the start of October where they decided to set up a joint coastal surveillance system and launched an LPG supply project. Prime Minister  Modi and his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina held “comprehensive” talks, signalling further expansion of already close strategic ties. The two sides signed seven agreements and launched three projects including import of LPG by India from Bangladesh besides resolving to expeditiously prepare a draft framework for sharing of waters of six rivers. In the discussions, PM Hasina also raised her concerns over roll out of National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam, an exercise carried out to identify genuine Indian citizens living in Assam and weed out illegal Bangladeshis.last_img read more

PAHF Indoor Men’s cup

first_imgROUSING cheers from the fans, coupled with some stylish play, ensured that the Guyana men’s team were back in the winners’ circle as the Pan American Hockey Federation (PAHF) indoor tournament continued yesterday at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall.The locals were undoubtably better yesterday evening and looked more comfortable playing the Mexicans, the score line showing evidence of such with a 12-0 drubbing.Back-to-back field goals from Robert France in the 3rd minute led the line as the Guyanese looked hungrier and more focused.Jason De Santos added a field goal and after 10 minutes, the Guyanese were up three with the crowd on their side and a pep in their step.France added two more quick-fire field goals in the 12th and 14th, one of which came off a stylish back-flick that caught the Mexicans off guard.Jamarj Assanah joined the scoring frenzy in the 15th minute as the half ended 6-0 in favour of the Guyanese.Guyana were in top form against Mexico.They returned with the same tenacity in the second half with France again slamming back-to-back field goals in the 24th and 25th minutes, his fifth and sixth of the night.Andrew Stewart then joined the party one minute later, with France completing his seventh and eighth in the 27th and 29th before Hilton Chester closed off the proceedings in the 34th.Earlier in the day, Trinidad and Tobago clobbered the Barbadians 8-2 in their game while Argentina beat Canada 5-3.At the end of the third day yesterday, Trinidad and Tobago led the table with nine points from three games with Canada, Argentina and Guyana all on six points.However, Canada sit second with a goal difference of 13, to third-place Argentina’s 11 and fourth-place Guyana’s 9.Barbados are fifth and Mexico sixth. Matches continue today from 11:00hrs. France leads Guyana’s 12-0 rout of Mexicolast_img read more

Winter Transfer: Barcelona Renew Interest in Chelsea’s Willian

first_imgWillian is aged 30 and his Chelsea contract runs out in the summer of 2020, having signed for the club for £30m from Anzhi Makhachkala in 2013.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Barcelona have renewed their efforts to sign Chelsea forward Willian, proposing a deal which would see Malcom move to Stamford Bridge, according to Sky sources.Barca tried to sign Willian last summer, making three bids for the Brazil international. The final offer worth more than £55m was rejected in July.Barcelona signed Malcom instead for £38m from Bordeaux, but the 21-year-old has seen first-team opportunities limited at the Nou Camp, with several more established names ahead of him in the pecking order.last_img read more

Eagles regroup in Uyo for Ghana Friendly

first_imgInvited national team players for the opening of the ultra-modern Uyo Stadium are all expected to report monday, by lunch time at the Le Meridien Hotel, the Akwa Ibom State capital.However, training for the team is expected to commence Tuesday, as the players largely based in the Nigerian Professional League and are expected to tango the Black Meteors of Ghana in an international friendly that will officially signpost the opening of the Uyo Stadium.Team coach, Stephen Keshi, said Sunday that he was honoured to be recalled to the national team but insisted that the focus is on the forthcoming Nations Cup qualifiers against Congo Republic and the final game against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa, which will also take place in Uyo.  “We have the players who can do Nigeria proud in the remaining qualifier games and I know somehow we will make to the finals and retain our trophy”.Team Administrator, Dayo Enebi Achor, spoke in a similar vein assuring that the team will not fail to clinch one of the tickets for the Morocco 2015 Nations Cup. “The entire team is back now and we have to make a statement as the defending Champions. God will see us through”, he declared yesterday night.The home based stars expected to report are as follows.  Goalkeepers: Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United); Daniel Akpeyi (Warri Wolves); Theophilus Afelokhai (Kano Pillars)Defenders: Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars); Idris Aloma (El-Kanemi Warriors); Chimma Akas (Sharks FC); Nelson Ogbonna (Heartland FC); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves); Erhun Obanor (Bendel Insurance); Bright Esieme (Enyimba FC); Umar Zango (Kano Pillars)Midfielders: Christian Pyagbara (Sharks FC); Charles Henlong (Giwa FC); Joseph Nathaniel (Sharks FC); Stanley Dimgba (Warri Wolves); Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars); Chinedu Udeaga (Enugu Rangers); Kingley Sokari (Enyimba FC); Tony Edjomari (Nasarawa FC)Forwards: Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC); Christian Obiozor (Enugu Rangers); Gbolahan Salami (Warri Wolves); Osaguona Ighodaro (Enugu Rangers); Emem Eduok (Dolphins FC)last_img read more

Wellington police notes: Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013

first_imgWellington Police notes for Thursday, September 12, 2013:•1:51 a.m. Nathan D. Shelton, 23, city was arrested, charged and confined with arson.•8:40 a.m. Officers took a report of no collar or tags on four dogs, no city tags, no rabies vaccination and keeping of cats in excess of four.•8:45 a.m. June L. Hearlson, 83, city was issued a notice to appear charged with four counts of dogs at large.•2:30 p.m. Non-Injury accident in the 1200 block S. C, Wellington involved a vehicle operated by Karmen M. Holdaway, 30, Wellington and a parked and unoccupied vehicle owned by Stefany A. Bissell, Wellington.•3:16 p.m. Karmen M. Holdaway, 30, Wellington was arrested and charged with no proof of insurance and improper backing.•4 p.m. Non-injury accident on private property in the 1100 block W. 8th, Wellington involved a vehicle driven by Julia A. Stone, 48, Wellington and a fixed object/mailbox, owned by the United States Post Office, Wellington.•9:02 p.m. Officers investigated a theft in the 900 block S. Washington, Wellington with purse and contents.•9:21 p.m. Officers investigated a theft of merchandise by a known suspect in the 2000 block. E. 16th, Wellington. The merchandise was soon recovered.•11:15 p.m. Robert J. Murray, 39, Belle Plaine, Ks was arrested and charged with theft. He bonded out.last_img read more