Brendon McCullum continued his tryst with April 18 to smash a hyper aggressive half-century in the Indian Premier League.Exactly nine years ago on April 18, 2008, McCullum had blasted 158* not out for Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore in the first game of the inaugural IPL.On April 18, 2017, McCullum was up against RCB again, albeit for a different team but the former New Zealand skipper showed he had lost none of his touch as he blazed away to a rapid 72. However, his knock couldn’t save his team from suffering a defeat as the Gujarat Lions lost to the Royal Challengers Bangalore by 21 runs inRajkot.Chasing 214 for victory in Rajkot, McCullum set the hosts on course with some brutal stroke play. Besides that hundred in 2008, Baz has two more fifties on April 18. Some coincidence that!McCullum retired from ODIs after leading the Black Caps to the World Cup final in 2015.After spending time with KKR, McCullum moved over to Kochi Tuskers Kerala before shifting base to Chennai Super Kings, where he formed a successful opening combination with Dwayne Smith.Once CSK was suspended for two years along with Rajasthan Royals, McCullum was roped in by Gujarat Lions.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Birkenhead-born Lewis Warrington inks Everton dealby Paul Vegas13 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBirkenhead-born Lewis Warrington has signed his first professional contract with Everton.The youngster has put pen-to-paper on a deal which will keep him with the Blues until June 2022.The 17-year-old has been at Everton for 11 years.”I’ve put in a lot of hard work and sacrifices, so to make this next step and sign a pro deal means everything,” Warrington, a season-ticket holder in the Gwladys Street, told evertonfc.com.”I’ve been at Everton for 11 years and the support has been immense from the start.”The coaching I’ve had here has been incredible. Every coach I have had has added something to my game.”They’ve helped make me the player I am, and I’ve got to keep going.”
Wolves legend Bull hails Traore for victory at Man Cityby Paul Vegas12 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves legend Steve Bull has hailed the impact of two-goal Adama Traore for victory at Manchester City last week.He wrote for the Express & Star: “Adama Traore’s finishing was top-class as well.”He has had a lot of criticism during his time at the club, with people saying it’s all 100mph with him – too fast.”He took his goals absolutely brilliantly, though. He slotted them away like a true goalscorer. Some might think they were easy finishes. Trust me, they weren’t.”Traore could have fluffed his lines and smacked the ball into the row Z, but he knew where he wanted to put the ball and placed it past the keeper with confidence both times.”Raul Jimenez set each of them up, of course, and I thought he was excellent as well, constantly making himself available.”It was a delight to see him run at the City backline and take on Nicolas Otamendi in the build-up to Traore’s first. It’s something we expect to see from Diogo Jota, not Jimenez.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Bengaluru: The Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) here Thursday stayed the order of the Election Commission suspending IAS officer Mohammed Mohsin for checking prime minister Narendra Modi’s helicopter in Odisha.The officer from Karnataka cadre, deployed in Odisha as a general observer, was suspended on April 17 for checking Modi’s helicopter in Odisha’s Sambalpur in violation of norms for dealing with SPG protectees and sent back to the state. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The CAT maintained that during an election process while reasonable assurances of protection and security must be made available to SPG protectees, it cannot be said “they are eligible for anything and everything.” Mohsin had tried to check some luggage in the convoy of the Prime Minister and the EC order had said he had acted in violation of existing instructions of the commission. In its order, the CAT, which adjudicates disputes involving central government employees, noted that there was a circular regarding the SPG protectees that they are exempted from certain examinations on certain grounds. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KIt also said:”We will not go into the SPG protectees guidelines as per the bluebook right now but the rule of law must prevail.” The tribunal also took note of the submission of the applicant’s counsel who pointed out that there were news about heavy packages unloaded from prime minister’s cavalcade being taken away in other vehicle. “It has been laid down that SPG protectees are exempted from checking. He should have known the instruction being an observer. The reason for suspension is dereliction of duty,” a source in the EC had said following suspension.
London: A long-awaited inquiry opened Tuesday in Britain into how contaminated blood was used to treat thousands of people in the 1970s and ’80s, killing at least 2,400. Thousands of hospital patients many of them hemophiliacs were infected with HIV or Hepatitis C through tainted blood products, largely imported from the United States. Previous investigations have been branded a whitewash by victims’ campaigners. In 2017 Prime Minister Theresa May ordered a new inquiry, with the power to summon witnesses. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: ReportThe inquiry, led by a retired judge, will spend months hearing from victims in London and around the country. As hearings began Tuesday, May said the blood scandal “was a tragedy that should never have happened.” “Today will begin a journey which will be dedicated to getting to the truth of what happened and in delivering justice to everyone involved,” she said. Victims accuse the government of failing to take responsibility for a scandal that has been called the worst treatment disaster in the history of Britain’s public health care system. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protestsThe contaminated blood was linked to supplies of a clotting agent called Factor VIII, which British health services imported from the United States. Some of the products turned out to be infected. Some of the plasma used to make the blood products was traced to high-risk donors, including U.S. prison inmates, who were paid to give blood samples. “If the government truly wants to do the right thing, they will provide a statement accepting their liability now,” said Jason Evans, whose father died in 1993 after receiving tainted blood.
Jürgen Klopp managed to guide his team to the Champions League finals but he also has to take care of the domestic league as Liverpool are still fighting for the top four finish.The German coach admitted that it would be far better to play for the title but it hasn’t been possible this season as Manchester City have been phenomenal – but the top four finish would be a success as well.The former BVB manager spoke about his side’s season’s ending as he said, according to Telegraph:Report: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“It would be massive. It was actually the main target we had at the start of the season. You want to be champions but it was clear after a few months that would not be possible.”“The target is qualifying for the Champions League. That would be a big success. With the group we’ve got, with how we came to the final and playing with the biggest intensity in all parts, being ready again, then the injuries we had, it would be a massive success. It’s exactly what we want.”
Virgil van Dijk believes Liverpool’s attacking trio in Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane can be “undefendable” following their 5-1 win over ArsenalThe trio scored all of Liverpool’s goals on Saturday at Anfield as they extended their lead at the top of the Premier League to seven points from Manchester City.The Reds have won their last nine league games now with City coach Pep Guardiola suggesting they may be the world’s best team right now.“We were almost perfect. We conceded the goal. That was the only thing,” said Van Dijk, according to FourFourTwo.“But it was an important win. We have finished 2018 now pretty well, and hopefully, we can keep that going.“Confidence is definitely here, but it can change over a couple of games. We won’t get carried away.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“We need to keep doing what we have been doing. There will be setbacks, as there always is in life, but it’s how you react and so far we have been doing pretty well.”Salah, Mane and Firmino have scored a combined total of 28 of Liverpool’s 48 Premier League goals this season.“At the beginning of the season, people were saying they [the front three] didn’t click,” said Van Dijk.“They’re fantastic. You see in this game as well and they can be undefendable. It’s scary — and I’m happy to see that.”Jurgen Klopp’s side will next take on City on Thursday at the Etihad Stadium with kick-off set for 21:00 (CET).
Marcus Rashford believes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s guidance at Manchester United has been a “massive help” towards his development as a striker.Since Solskjaer took charge at Old Trafford in December on an interim basis, Rashford has embarked on a superb run of form in his favoured centre-forward role.The 21-year-old striker has scored six goals and provided three assists in 12 appearances under Solskjaer.The caretaker manager, who scored 126 goals in 366 games as a forward for United, has even challenged Rashford to match the legendary Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford.“For me, it’s been a massive help having that type of guidance around me,” Rashford told Sky Sports on Solskjaer’s role in his development.“But he’s been working with all of the players with everything he’s got, you can see even the defenders are improving, the midfield is improving, the team’s improved overall but we understand we can still take more steps forward.“He has that know-how, the understanding, that’s the kind of thing you just pick off naturally off these type of people.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“Even not just out on the pitch, having conversations about it, it all adds up. It’s been a big turnaround. As long as we keep improving I don’t see why [he shouldn’t get the job permanently].”The England international went on to reveal that Solskjaer has even encouraged both himself and teammates Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard to aim high and possibly match the feats he achieved at United during his own playing career.Aside from being a prolific scorer, Solskjaer also won six Premier League titles and two FA Cups.The 45-year-old even famously scored the match-winner against Bayern Munich in the 1999 Champions League final at Barcelona.Rashford added: “When we were in Dubai, we were having a bit of banter when the manager was speaking to me, Anthony [Martial] and Jesse [Lingard], and I just mentioned his goal in the Champions League final.“He was quick to let us understand that with what we have in this team, anything is possible and it’s not far-fetched to say we can recreate those moments.”United will host Solskjaer’s old rivals Liverpool in a Premier League match at Old Trafford in Sunday with kick-off set for 3:05 PM (CET).LONDON, ENGLAND – JANUARY 13: Marcus Rashford of Manchester United gestures during the Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United at Wembley Stadium on January 13, 2019 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)
Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Sixty-seven teams are signed up for the 1,000-mile (1,600-kilometer) trek over mountain ranges, frozen rivers and other dangerous terrain. Defending champion Mitch Seavey is currently in second place and got into the Shageluk checkpoint at 2:56 am. Nicolas Petit of Girdwood was leading the Iditarod on Friday morning, and he was the first musher out of the checkpoint in Shageluk. Top five mushers as of 6 a.m. on FridayNicolas PetitMitch SeaveyJoar Leifseth UlsomPeter KaiserRichie Diehl Sixty-seven mushers began the race for Nome on Sunday, and the winner is expected early next week.
Penton Media has folded Digital Content Producer magazine into millimeter, its other video industry magazine. The merger is effective with the April issue.The decision to fold Digital Content Producer into millimeter will “better serve the entire video production industry,” a Penton spokesperson told FOLIO:. No layoffs were associated with the merger, she said.Millimeter’s frequency will increase from bimonthly to monthly and its circulation will jump from 30,000 to 60,000. Digital Content Producer, a monthly, carried a circulation of 57,000. Penton plans to relaunch millimeter’s Web site in July, the company said.
WILMINGTON, MA — Below are some of the newest job openings in Wilmington:Full-Time Toddler Teacher at Little SproutsFull-Time Manufacturing Manager at TecometFull-Time Class D Delivery Driver at J. Polep Distribution ServicesFull-Time Software Engineer (Enterprise Applications) at SymboticFull-Time Design Director/Sr. Project Architect at Channel Building CompanyFull-Time Robotics Support Engineer at Locus RoboticsFull-Time Account Manager at ComcastFull-Time/Part-Time Crew Members at Dunkin DonutsFull-Time Movers & Drivers at Two Men And A TruckFull-Time Drivers at Classic Soft Trim(NOTE: Wilmington businesses — Feel free to send me your job postings at email@example.com.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedNOW HIRING: 60 New Job Openings In Wilmington (Week of July 28, 2019)In “Business”NOW HIRING: 10 Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”NOW HIRING: 10 New Job Openings In WilmingtonIn “Business”
Map of SylhetThe death toll from mudslide while extracting stones from a quarry in Jaflong area of Goainghat upazila rose to five as another succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday night, reports UNB.The deceased is Sadek Miah, 40, son of Taj Ullah, a resident of Baniachang upazila of Habiganj.Shamsul Alam Sarkar, additional superintendent of police, said a portion of mud collapsed on a group of workers around 4:30pm while they were extracting stones from the quarry at Mondirer Jum.Four workers – Nur Mia, 50, son of Mafiz Ullah of Jagannathpur upazila of Sunamganj, Jahur Ali, 65, a resident of Baniachang upazila of Habiganj, his son Mojaheed, 22 and his daughter Shakirun, 26 – died on the spot while three others, including Sadek Miah, suffered injuries, he said.Later, Sadek succumbed to his injuries on way to his home in Habiganj.Four bodies, excluding Sadek, were sent to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy.
D.C. Internships is accepting applications for programs in the Institute on Political Journalism for summer 2016 positions. Students can earn up to 35 hours a week in competitive internships around the D.C. metro region. Deadline for early applications is Dec. 10. For more information, visit 202-986-0384 or dcinternships.org