Application for home improvement subsidies, core houses begins Nov 1

first_imgTwo thousand, two hundred and fifty (2250) families are set to benefit from the Central Housing and Planning Authority’s (CH&PA) Adequate Housing and Urban Accessibility Programme.Senior officials of the CH&PA, including Minister within the Communities Ministry, with responsibility for housing, Valerie Adams-Patterson-Yearwood updated the media on details of the project at a press conference on Wednesday.Deputy Director of Community Development at the Ministry, Donell Bess-Bascom said from November 1, application forms for the home improvement subsidies and core houses will be made available. The application period will run for three months from November 1, 2018, until February 1, 2019. “We have allocated a three-month application period which is adequate time for persons to be able to apply and have an opportunity to benefit,” Bess-Bascom explained.Persons desirous of applying must reside within targeted areas of the programme. These include from as far as La Bonne Intention on the East Coast to Georgetown; Great Diamond on the East Bank of Demerara and Westminster, Rec-Door-Zee Phase I &II, Onderneeming and La Parfaite Harmonie Phase II on the West Bank of DemeraraBess-Bascom also disclosed that several pick-up points have been established for a swifter distribution of application forms. “All the local democratic organs or local authorities within the project areas will be used as distribution centres for application forms.”It was also highlighted that while there will be several points within the programme’s geographical area of coverage, the CH&PA will be the sole agency responsible for the submission of these forms after it would have been completed.Eligible and successful applicants accessing the home improvement subsidies will benefit from as much as $500,000 in building materials. Upgrades could range from roof repairs, walls, floors, wet areas (bathroom and toilet), expansion to alleviate overcrowding, electrical works, plumbing and sanitation, rainwater harvesting and modifications for persons with disabilities.Successful applicants of the home improvement subsidies will be required to take charge of full labour costs. These home improvement subsidies will target low-income earners and single parent-led homes. The CH&PA will be catering for 2000 subsidies.For the core homes, 250 persons will benefit, and applicants must be a citizen of Guyana and 18 years of age or older and occupy land issued by the CH&PA.Bess-Bascom also added that during the period of processing applications there will be extensive home visits for verification of information provided. Also, persons who would have benefited from previous subsidies (two or more subsidies) and core houses will not be considered for these two projects.According to Minister Adams-Patterson-Yearwood, while the agency is expecting an influx of applications from persons wishing to benefit from these two projects, there will be a strict shortlisting process that is likely to take as much as eight months after the period of application closes.“We anticipate that there will be lots of applications so when we are processing, we will have to prioritise… And, remember we are looking for the most vulnerable families,” the Minister said.last_img read more

The Vertical Slam asks District of Taylor for sponsorship

first_imgTAYLOR, B.C. – The Vertical Slam made a presentation at the District of Taylor council meeting on Monday.Laurie Cardinal and Jada Rogers from the Vertical Slam made a presentation about the event, which is set to take place at the Big Bam Ski Hill on June 10th, 2017. The registered non-profit society hosted the event last year to help promote and raise money for the Big Bam Ski Hill. The first Vertical Slam took place last June, and despite rainy weather saw 460 participants take to the hill for the 2, 5, and 10 kilometre footrace courses.A second Vertical Slam was scheduled for last September, but had to be postponed due to a lack of registration to cover the costs of the event.- Advertisement -Organiser Laurie Cardinal says that for the upcoming Vertical Slam, the event will also feature a seven kilometre obstacle course in addition to the 10 kilometre hiking course. Jada Rogers says that this year, the group plans to raise money for the School District’s hot lunch program, and instead will be renting the hill for the event. Rogers also stressed that their organization is separate from the Big Bam Ski Hill, and said that for that reason, the group has dropped the ‘Big Bam’ portion of their name.The Vertical Slam is looking to raise approximately $15,000 to cover their race cost and fundraising goals.last_img read more

Julen Lopetegui’s dad suggests Real Madrid set his son up for failure

first_img BEST OF MONEY Latest Football News huge blow Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade REVEALED Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury 3 Real Madrid were outplayed by their bitter rivals Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Julen Lopetegui’s father has accused Real Madrid of setting his son up for failure as manager by not finding a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo.The former Spain coach is on the verge of being dismissed as Los Blancos boss after their humiliating 5-1 defeat at Barcelona in the first Clasico of the season. RANKED “Cristiano Ronaldo was good,” Jose Antonio said.“Was he cocky? We all have defects, but it turns out he scored 50 goals a season. He is missing. You are missing a prominent goalscorer. They haven’t brought one, not a single one.“There was talk of Neymar and others, but no one came. They have stolen 50 goals from my son. He has to settle with what he has and don’t get me wrong, he is delighted with the players he has.“He usually says: ‘I have great people, they give everything they’ve got.’ He doesn’t blame the players. But when there is no material, there isn’t. There was but he left.” Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move Real Madrid’s inability to replace Ronaldo has cost Lopetegui, according to the manager’s father Lopetegui reportedly said his goodbyes to the Real Madrid players after the game Being sacked by Madrid will cap off a hectic few months for Lopetegui, who was dramatically dismissed as Spain coach just two days before La Roja’s first game of the 2018 World Cup after it emerged he accepted an offer from the European giants without first consulting the Spanish Football Federation president Luis Rubiales that talks took place.He was unveiled as Madrid’s new coach at the Bernabeu a day later, saying: “Yesterday was the saddest day of my life, but today is the happiest.” REVEALED Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade 3 3 MORE: Barcelona cope without Messi but Real Madrid are not over Ronaldo’s departureMadrid’s board are set to confirm the sacking imminently with former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte the likely candidate to succeed Lopetegui.The Champions League holders are ninth in LaLiga having won just four of their first ten matches, scoring a mere 14 goals in the process.It’s clear Real are struggling without Ronaldo, who completed his £99.2m to Juventus in the summer, and Lopetegui’s father, Jose Antonio echoed this idea. ADVICE no dice Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red cardlast_img read more