Freshen up with a new pair of boots with a great offer from our sponsors X-Blades. Purchase a pair of Genius 200R or Genius 210R over the next two weeks and X-Blades will throw in a free boot bag.The Genius range is a lightweight and supportive boot perfect for the rigours of Touch Football. X-Blades will also have a pop up shop at the upcoming Touch Football World Cup with great deals on a variety of products. For further information or to view the X-Blades range click on the link below: www.bladesfootball.com.au/shopRelated LinksFree Boot Bag Boots looking a little worse for wear after National Touch League?
Agent: Many teams would like Chelsea fullback Emersonby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveThe agent of Chelsea fullback Emerson Palmieri has opened the door to a move to Inter Milan.Emerson moved from Roma to Stamford Bridge for €20m a year ago, but has struggled for playing time.His agent Fernando Garcia was asked about a move to Inter.He told FCInterNews: “I think all the top European clubs would like to have a player like Emerson Palmieri in their squad. There has been some interest, although nothing formal, so there is nothing to report now.“I cannot talk about the clubs who approached us. I don’t think he’ll leave Chelsea now.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
Leyton Orient name Carl Fletcher as head coachby Paul Vegas8 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLeyton Orient have named Carl Fletcher as head coach.The 39-year-old has agreed a two-year contract at Brisbane Road and arrives from Bournemouth, where his most recent position was loan manager.Fletcher takes over from caretaker boss Ross Embleton, who has filled the vacancy since the death of Justin Edinburgh in June.Orient director of football Martin Ling told the club website: “The board went through the interview process with Carl and he kept coming out on top.”He has leadership skills, which he obviously had as a captain of many teams he was at including his country. Everything that we were looking for, he ticked every box.”Everyone we spoke to said everything we wanted to hear. We spoke to Stephen Purches at Bournemouth, we had people speak to Eddie Howe and Charlie Daniels.”We spoke to a couple players who played under him at Plymouth as well as the people at board level at Bournemouth and they all said the same thing – they believe he’s going to make a top-class football manager.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
The Canadian Press OTTAWA — Canadians hoping to receive packages from international shippers while rotating strikes impact Canada Post operations may be waiting a long time.Britain’s Royal Mail says it is suspending shipments to Canada as a result of the Crown corporation’s labour dispute.Online marketing giant eBay says it has also received a similar notification from China Post.In a bulletin to its corporate customers, the Royal Mail says items shipped in the last couple of days bound for Canada are being held in its distribution centre until the dispute has been resolved.The U.K. mail service says it made the move at the request of Canada Post, which it says has told them it is now facing delays of at least 30 days in delivering packages.Earlier this week, eBay called on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to legislate an end to the rotating walkouts, which began Oct. 22.
NEW YORK — The holiday shopping season has gotten off to a “very strong” start, according to the largest U.S. retail trade group.The National Retail Federation said Tuesday that consumer spending has been strong, fueled by a better economy and stores’ investments in online services including features that allow shoppers to buy online and pick up the items at the store.The trade group’s assessment comes even after a survey of more than 3,000 shoppers Thanksgiving and Friday forecast that fewer people would turn out for the five-day weekend that ended Monday, compared to a year ago.This year, there were more than 165 million people who shopped online or in stores from Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday, based on survey results. Last year, that figure was 174 million. The retail group attributed the drop to stores spreading out their deals beyond the Black Friday weekend.“This was a very strong holiday weekend,” said Bill Thorne, a spokesman at the trade group.The group now says it expects sales for November and December will be at the high end of its earlier forecast of a 4.3 to 4.8 per cent rise. That would be below last year’s 5.3 per cent increase but well above the average annual increase of 3.9 per cent of the past five years.Meanwhile, Adobe Analytics, which tracks online spending, said that Cyber Monday was expected to have hit $7.9 billion, up 19.7 per cent from last year.Thanksgiving Day generated $3.7 billion in online spending, up 28 per cent, while Black Friday brought in $6.2 billion, a 23.6 per cent increase from a year ago, according to Adobe.Mobile devices accounted for 51.4 per cent of site visits and 34 per cent of revenue on Cyber Monday. So far, the period from Nov. 1 through Monday has generated online sales of $58.5 billion, up 19.9 per cent, Adobe said.Anne D’Innocenzio, The Associated Press
To view the FB Event page; CLICK HERE With many things to see and do there is something for everyone.Street Performers brought to you by United RentalsTianna the TravellerNikola SmithThe Snow CircusLocal Entertainment; CLICK HERE to view the list.Adam WinnMystik BorealisFort St. John Highland DanceBhangra DancersThe Stages The City of Fort St. Stage The Burger King StageThere will also be the Central Mountain Air Kidzone, the Doig River First Nation Arts Market, Art Market and Food Vendors.To view the website; CLICK HERE FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The 2019 DGS Astro Paving Block Party is Saturday, September 7th, 2019 from 11 am to 5 pm on 100th Street.This free family-friendly block party takes place along three city blocks downtown Fort St. John.
The Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) and The Arts and Cultural Heritage Trust (TAACHT) inaugurated the Jallianwala Bagh Centenary Commemoration Exhibition (1919–2019) in New Delhi to an overwhelming response. The exhibition is on till April 28, 2019 from 10 am to 6.30 pm except on Mondays.The exhibition was inaugurated by Ram Bahadur Rai, President of IGNCA, P V Ramesh, Director General, National Archives of India, and Colonel Bogra, grandson of Lala Duni Chand who was a part of the Municipal Corporation of Lahore in 1919. Dr Sachchdinand Joshi, Member Secretary, IGNCA and Kishwar Desai chairperson of The Arts And Cultural Heritage Trust (TAACHT) joined them in lighting the lamp. Also Read – An income drop can harm brainThe exhibition focuses on the history of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, in the form of newspapers, reports and photographs from that time. All of these are put into a historical context: of the events leading up to the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, and the horrific aftermath. This exhibition also tells the story of Punjab in 1919 in a new way—through its impact on people’s lives. The Jallianwala Bagh massacre was one part of a much larger system of colonial oppression in Punjab that lasted for months, even years. Also Read – Shallu Jindal honoured with Mahatma AwardIt also crucially examines whether it was a conspiracy to trap people inside Jallianwala Bagh with no escape routes. The exhibition uses various installations and mediums to explore the tragedy that befell Amritsar on April 13, 1919 and the martial law that followed. There is also a significant art installation comprising the sort of everyday objects and clothes that may have been strewn in the Bagh after the massacre. This is based on eyewitness accounts. In his welcome address, Dr Joshi while paying his respects to the martyrs stressed on how “Sikhs, Hindus, and Muslims lost their lives together in Amritsar, and that is why Jallianwala Bagh is a reminder of India’s collective tragedy but also its unity and strength in times of crisis.” Kishwar Desai delivered the curator’s note and thanked the young TAACHT team that has worked tirelessly for over two years to put up this exhibition. She also said that the exhibition is a “shradhanjali” to the martyrs. Some of the material at the exhibition comes from the National Archives of India and P V Ramesh noted that, “that this exhibition looks at the darkest moment of colonial rule for not just our country but an entire civilisation and the spirit of the martyrs must inspire not just us but the future generations for another hundred years.” In his presidential address, Ram Bahadur Rai stressed on how Brigadier General Dyer “deliberately killed innocent people and made sure that they could not escape.” He mentioned the infamous well that was “filled with corpses.”
Bengaluru: The Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) here Thursday stayed the order of the Election Commission suspending IAS officer Mohammed Mohsin for checking prime minister Narendra Modi’s helicopter in Odisha.The officer from Karnataka cadre, deployed in Odisha as a general observer, was suspended on April 17 for checking Modi’s helicopter in Odisha’s Sambalpur in violation of norms for dealing with SPG protectees and sent back to the state. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The CAT maintained that during an election process while reasonable assurances of protection and security must be made available to SPG protectees, it cannot be said “they are eligible for anything and everything.” Mohsin had tried to check some luggage in the convoy of the Prime Minister and the EC order had said he had acted in violation of existing instructions of the commission. In its order, the CAT, which adjudicates disputes involving central government employees, noted that there was a circular regarding the SPG protectees that they are exempted from certain examinations on certain grounds. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KIt also said:”We will not go into the SPG protectees guidelines as per the bluebook right now but the rule of law must prevail.” The tribunal also took note of the submission of the applicant’s counsel who pointed out that there were news about heavy packages unloaded from prime minister’s cavalcade being taken away in other vehicle. “It has been laid down that SPG protectees are exempted from checking. He should have known the instruction being an observer. The reason for suspension is dereliction of duty,” a source in the EC had said following suspension.
By beating perhaps the greatest player of all time on his favorite surface in the Wimbledon final on Sunday, Novak Djokovic didn’t just retake the No. 1 ranking. He also surpassed his coach and his opponent’s coach by winning his seventh career Grand Slam title.Roger Federer — whom Djokovic beat in a thrilling five-set final Sunday — and Rafael Nadal have set an intimidatingly high standard for success in contemporary men’s tennis. Djokovic has seven Grand Slam titles, an impressive haul but far short of Federer’s 17 and Nadal’s 14, which is tied for second all-time with Pete Sampras. If Djokovic’s Grand Slam career hadn’t coincided with those of two of the all time greats, he might have 12 major titles.Djokovic might never approach the totals of his illustrious peers, but he achieved another significant milestone Sunday: His seventh major title puts him in front of the six won by his coach, Boris Becker, and Federer’s coach, Stefan Edberg. Those two men and Djokovic are among eight in the Open era with between six and eight Grand Slam titles. The other five are Andre Agassi; occasional TV commentators Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe and Mats Wilander; and Ivan Lendl, Andy Murray’s former coach.Djokovic, 27, is starting to look like one of the best of this impressive group — with several years of his prime likely still in front of him in a sport where age has become an advantage.Djokovic has the highest Grand Slam winning percentage of the group, and isn’t far behind overall leader Connors in tour-level winning percentage. Though he still has years of competition ahead of him, Djokovic already ranks near the middle of the eight greats in Grand Slam titles, finals, semifinals and match wins, plus weeks at No. 1 — a total he’ll add to starting Monday, when he retakes the top ranking from Nadal. He has a more well-rounded Grand Slam resume than most, with titles at three of the events and two finals at the fourth, the French Open. Only Agassi, who won all four Grand Slam tournaments at least once; and Lendl, who reached two finals at Wimbledon, can match Djokovic there. Djokovic doesn’t look as good on overall match wins, titles and finals, though he has already passed Wilander in all three categories. (Stats via ATP World Tour website, Tennis Abstract and tennis-x.com.)Oh, and even before the end of Sunday’s final, Djokovic had the endorsement of Andy Roddick, the most recent American man to reach the No. 1 ranking and win a major:These numbers don’t account for the degree of difficulty of Djokovic’s accomplishment. The seven greats whose company he keeps had to contend with great rivals, but none had to consistently face Nadal on clay, or Federer on grass. As great as Federer is off grass — winning four of every five matches — he has been even greater on it, winning seven of every eight matches in his career. Even at 32, Federer was near his best on Sunday, and Djokovic was better.“To be able to win against him as one of my greatest rivals on this occasion on a court that he’s been dominating for so many years makes it a very special trophy for me,” Djokovic said in his press conference after the match.Djokovic has now beaten Federer and Nadal at nearly every one of the Grand Slams — he’s missing only the long-sought win over Nadal in Paris. If Djokovic gets that win and a French Open title, he’ll start moving to a level beyond the already impressive company he keeps now with his coach.
The departing Fernando Torres will receive a special tribute by Atletico Madrid in their final game of the season against EibarThe forward’s contract will expire at the end of the season and he has now announced that he will leave his boyhood club for the second and final time.While Torres has not given any indication over his future plans, Atletico are determined to give their long-serving player a deserved fond farewell at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano next month.“Fernando is a legend of our club,” said the club president Enrique Cerezo, according to Marca.Fati and Suarez shine against Valencia at Camp Nou Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 15, 2019 With a mesmerizing first half from Ansu Fati and a brace from Luis Suarez in the second half, Barcelona demolished Valencia at Camp Nou.Valencia…“We have always said that he will make the decision on his future because this is his home.“If he wants to continue his professional footballing career next season in another place we can only thank him for all he has given us, which is a lot, and tell him that the doors of Atletico Madrid will always be open to him when he decides to put an end to his career as a player.“Fernando Torres deserves the best of goodbyes as an Atletico Madrid player and that’s why I’m sure our fans will join us for a special day.“We are already working on making it an unforgettable day for the Atletico family and especially for Fernando.” Torres has said that he is already considering a number of offers as he ponders over his next step in football.