Agent: Many teams would like Chelsea fullback Emersonby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveThe agent of Chelsea fullback Emerson Palmieri has opened the door to a move to Inter Milan.Emerson moved from Roma to Stamford Bridge for €20m a year ago, but has struggled for playing time.His agent Fernando Garcia was asked about a move to Inter.He told FCInterNews: “I think all the top European clubs would like to have a player like Emerson Palmieri in their squad. There has been some interest, although nothing formal, so there is nothing to report now.“I cannot talk about the clubs who approached us. I don’t think he’ll leave Chelsea now.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
Wolves legend Bull hails Traore for victory at Man Cityby Paul Vegas12 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves legend Steve Bull has hailed the impact of two-goal Adama Traore for victory at Manchester City last week.He wrote for the Express & Star: “Adama Traore’s finishing was top-class as well.”He has had a lot of criticism during his time at the club, with people saying it’s all 100mph with him – too fast.”He took his goals absolutely brilliantly, though. He slotted them away like a true goalscorer. Some might think they were easy finishes. Trust me, they weren’t.”Traore could have fluffed his lines and smacked the ball into the row Z, but he knew where he wanted to put the ball and placed it past the keeper with confidence both times.”Raul Jimenez set each of them up, of course, and I thought he was excellent as well, constantly making himself available.”It was a delight to see him run at the City backline and take on Nicolas Otamendi in the build-up to Traore’s first. It’s something we expect to see from Diogo Jota, not Jimenez.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
OSU sophomore linebacker Jerome Baker (17) and senior linebacker Chris Worley (35) combine on a sack againstr Michigan junior quarterback Wilton Speight (3) during their game on Nov. 26 at Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes won 30-27. Credit: Mason Swires | Assistant Photo EditorLinebackers at Ohio State have a history of becoming on-campus legends, and emerging as NFL-ready talents by the time they decide to make the leap to the next level. More often than not, the biggest leaders on the defensive side of the ball come from this unit, and soon-to-be junior linebacker Jerome Baker could be just like the players who came before him.From names like James Laurinaitis, Tom Cousineau, Chris Spielman and A.J. Hawk, Baker has some lofty expectations to live up to. Since coming into Columbus as a linebacker and a running back in high school, the Cleveland native has lived up to every expectation placed on him.Totaling 83 tackles this season, Baker flashed his ability to get to the ball carrier, while also racking up 3.5 sacks and a pair of interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. Although he made lots of plays by himself, he credited the mentorship of Raekwon McMillan and soon-to-be redshirt senior linebacker Chris Worley as an instrumental piece to his success.“It’s very easy playing alongside Raekwon and Worley,” Baker said at OSU’s media day prior to the Fiesta Bowl. “Their ability alone is really a blessing. It’s made it easier on my confidence. They’re always telling me I can do it. They’ve believed in me from Day One. I’m just glad I can finally play alongside those guys and do what I love doing.”However, Baker will not be playing alongside McMillan, who decided to forgo his senior season for the 2017 NFL Draft. The unquestioned leader of the defense last year, McMillan’s shoes will be hard to fill. The competition for the lead role at linebacker will come down to Worley and Baker, with the advantage going to Worley since he will be in his final season of eligibility. However, McMillan spoke of Baker at media day, saying his play should be singled out. “For a portion of the season, he was playing the best ball on the defense, I figure,” McMillan said. “Against Oklahoma, he was pivotal when it came to stopping Baker Mayfield and other guys like that.”Worley is no slouch either, and seems like the most likely candidate for fulfilling the void left by McMillan. Worley has been around the program long enough that he should be able to fulfill the crazy process McMillan went through before the snap this year.However, Baker’s output this season and the fact he was named as an honorable mention for All-Big Ten has put him close to being named as the leader on defense. That, paired with the praise from McMillan, makes Baker a name to watch for once again next year.“He’s a baller, and he’ll definitely have a tree at Ohio State soon,” McMillan said.
OSU sophomore middle blocker Taylor Sandbothe (10) makes a play on the ball during a match against Florida Gulf Coast Sept. 6 at St. John Arena. OSU won 3-1.Credit: Emily Yarcusko / For The LanternAfter a failed comeback attempt at No. 17 Minnesota last week, the Ohio State women’s volleyball team was swept by No. 5 Wisconsin on Sunday.Once the match began, momentum was with Wisconsin (10-2, 1-1), but the Buckeyes (9-5, 0-2) clawed their way back into each of the three sets.In the first set, the Buckeyes and Badgers started off in a close battle until a 17-13 Badger lead turned into a 25-19 set win.In the first half of the second set, the Buckeyes were down by as many as five points, but failed to get enough back-to-back points as the Badgers kept scoring. Wisconsin won again, 25-19.As the Buckeyes were outplayed in the two sets, the team headed into the third looking to have similar results to the match against the Gophers. While the Buckeyes hadn’t won a set, they still had time to pull off an upset.But instead of playing with a sense of urgency like against Minnesota, the Buckeyes saw themselves down 7-0, and eventually down 17-5.However, OSU went on a 12-8 run to close the gap. But it was too late, as the Badgers went on to complete a clean sweep winning the third set, 25-17.Junior outside hitter Katie Mitchell led the Buckeyes in kills with nine, senior setter Taylor Sherwin led with 23 assists and senior defensive specialist Alyssa Winner had 18 digs.Badger senior outside hitter and defensive specialist Deme Morales, a native of Amherst, Ohio, had seven digs in the match.The Buckeyes are scheduled have back-to-back games this week at Iowa and No. 8 Nebraska. The Iowa game is scheduled for Friday at 8 p.m., while the Nebraska game is set for Saturday at 6 p.m.
The departing Fernando Torres will receive a special tribute by Atletico Madrid in their final game of the season against EibarThe forward’s contract will expire at the end of the season and he has now announced that he will leave his boyhood club for the second and final time.While Torres has not given any indication over his future plans, Atletico are determined to give their long-serving player a deserved fond farewell at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano next month.“Fernando is a legend of our club,” said the club president Enrique Cerezo, according to Marca.Fati and Suarez shine against Valencia at Camp Nou Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 15, 2019 With a mesmerizing first half from Ansu Fati and a brace from Luis Suarez in the second half, Barcelona demolished Valencia at Camp Nou.Valencia…“We have always said that he will make the decision on his future because this is his home.“If he wants to continue his professional footballing career next season in another place we can only thank him for all he has given us, which is a lot, and tell him that the doors of Atletico Madrid will always be open to him when he decides to put an end to his career as a player.“Fernando Torres deserves the best of goodbyes as an Atletico Madrid player and that’s why I’m sure our fans will join us for a special day.“We are already working on making it an unforgettable day for the Atletico family and especially for Fernando.” Torres has said that he is already considering a number of offers as he ponders over his next step in football.
Jürgen Klopp managed to guide his team to the Champions League finals but he also has to take care of the domestic league as Liverpool are still fighting for the top four finish.The German coach admitted that it would be far better to play for the title but it hasn’t been possible this season as Manchester City have been phenomenal – but the top four finish would be a success as well.The former BVB manager spoke about his side’s season’s ending as he said, according to Telegraph:Report: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“It would be massive. It was actually the main target we had at the start of the season. You want to be champions but it was clear after a few months that would not be possible.”“The target is qualifying for the Champions League. That would be a big success. With the group we’ve got, with how we came to the final and playing with the biggest intensity in all parts, being ready again, then the injuries we had, it would be a massive success. It’s exactly what we want.”
Virgil van Dijk believes Liverpool’s attacking trio in Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane can be “undefendable” following their 5-1 win over ArsenalThe trio scored all of Liverpool’s goals on Saturday at Anfield as they extended their lead at the top of the Premier League to seven points from Manchester City.The Reds have won their last nine league games now with City coach Pep Guardiola suggesting they may be the world’s best team right now.“We were almost perfect. We conceded the goal. That was the only thing,” said Van Dijk, according to FourFourTwo.“But it was an important win. We have finished 2018 now pretty well, and hopefully, we can keep that going.“Confidence is definitely here, but it can change over a couple of games. We won’t get carried away.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“We need to keep doing what we have been doing. There will be setbacks, as there always is in life, but it’s how you react and so far we have been doing pretty well.”Salah, Mane and Firmino have scored a combined total of 28 of Liverpool’s 48 Premier League goals this season.“At the beginning of the season, people were saying they [the front three] didn’t click,” said Van Dijk.“They’re fantastic. You see in this game as well and they can be undefendable. It’s scary — and I’m happy to see that.”Jurgen Klopp’s side will next take on City on Thursday at the Etihad Stadium with kick-off set for 21:00 (CET).
WOBURN, MA – The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office has been awarded a $50,000 grant from the Insurance Fraud Bureau of Massachusetts, in coordination with the Commissioner of Insurance, to fund investigations and prosecutions of automobile insurance fraud, Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan announced today.The grant was presented to District Attorney Ryan by Daniel Johnston, Executive Director of the Insurance Fraud Bureau of Massachusetts. The $50,000 grant is funded by Arbella Mutual Insurance Company, as part of a program in coordination with the Commissioner of Insurance and the Insurance Fraud Bureau which has been used to fund insurance fraud investigations across the state since 2003.The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office Special Investigations Unit investigates cases of fraud, embezzlement, drug trafficking, white collar crimes and related illegal activity. The Unit includes a team of Assistant District Attorneys, Financial Analysts, Forensic Examiners, Paralegals and State Police detectives.The grant money received yesterday will pay for continued investigations by prosecutors in the Special Investigations Unit of the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office.Middlesex District Attorney’s Office(NOTE: The above press release is from the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank You To Our Sponsor:Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedState Police Ask For The Public’s Help Identifying Vehicle In Fatal Motorcycle Crash In WoburnIn “Police Log”Wilmington Man Injured In Fatal Car Crash In WoburnIn “Police Log”Middlesex DA Marian Ryan and State AG Healey Launch Recertification Course For Online Mandated Reporter TrainingIn “Government”
Kolkata: A fresh low-pressure area that has been created over North Odisha and adjoining Bengal would bring moderate to heavy rainfall in various parts of the state, the Regional Meteorological Centre at Alipore predicted. However, the city may receive light to moderate rainfall in the next three days while some districts will witness heavy to very heavy rain. North-Eastern states are expected to see moderate rains in the next few days. States like Jharkhand, some parts of Bihar and Sikkim may also witness light to moderate rains. According to a senior weather official, the low pressure which was currently situating over North Odisha and adjoining parts of Bengal has gained some strength as a result of which various districts — both in North and South Bengal — will receive moderate to heavy showers depending on their geographical locations.
It is a three day extravaganza aiming to represent Delhi as a perfect tourist destination by showcasing and promoting its cultural and culinary diversity. The fest will be celebrating the irresistible fruit – mango, while also encouraging the cultural importance of Mangoes associated with Delhi. The celebration will continue for the three days of the fest.The festival will be inaugurated by Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Minister of Delhi in the presence of Manish Sisodia, Dy. Chief Minister, Delhi and Kapil Mishra, Minister for Tourism, Delhi. The fiesta will see a grand opening with artists from all over the country performing on stage and mascots dressed up in different costumes, giving it an extravagant look. Various summer fruit cultivators, product manufacturers, sharbat and dessert manufacturers and distributors from different regions of the country will be a part of this grand event. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’The venue, Dilli Haat, Janakpuri corresponds to the essence of the fete. It is a multi-purpose, socio-cultural complex with a bazaar-like feel to it. It is an urban version of the traditional weekly market, with a delightful mix of craft, cuisine and culture. The Delhi Summer Festival is the perfect spot for all foodies to treat their taste buds with various summer fruits, thirst quenchers, desserts and much more.It will not only be a visual and mouth-watering treat, but also a jubilation of summer with taste and fun. Guests will see stage performances by ‘Twirls & Thumkas’ enacting a parade act along with other artists like Abhijit Ganguly, a comedian, Abhishek Acharya, an illusionist, Pratyul Joshi, a musician. These performances will be conducted throughput the event. Various amateur bands, singers, musicians have also been invited to perform at the gala. Also Read – Leslie doing new comedy special with NetflixGuests will also get to attend interactive classes where recipes of yoghurt, sharbats, smoothies will be taught.Several competitions will make sure the visitors make the most out of the Summer Fest. A unique initiative ‘100 ka hai daam, kitne bhi khao Aam’ has been taken by the organizers in which the visitors have to pay only Rs.100 per entry and can eat mangoes at their heart’s desire. ‘Hangout’ is an exclusive jungle-themed entertainment centre, furnished with various games and activities to keep the children engaged.